Monday, October 31, 2011

Mystery #Philwickham

My husband and I volunteered at a BASIC conference (thebasicsite.org) this past weekend and got to hang out a little bit with Phil Wickham and his manager. As my friend put it so well in her blog (http://spokenholly.blogspot.com/) it's amazing when "people turn out to be as awesome as you hoped." Anyways, I was impressed. Sometimes you can't tell if people are in that business for themselves or for God, but I don't wonder about Phil... He was humble, and stuck around to worship with us Friday night and stayed well beyond the message was over, even though he was probably tired from travel and could have just crashed in his hotel rm. I was impressed- he acted like a normal person, not like a rock star. Refreshing!


got to help set up his merch table!
His worship set was just him and his guitar (my fav way to worship- "unplugged") and I pretty much cried through the whole thing (yeh I know, the crying thing is turning into a common theme in my life) but I just felt the beauty of His presence SO much...it just broke me down lol. Anyways, Phil is the real deal and since then I have been listening to the lyrics of his songs a lot more closely and they are excellent! The lyrics in this song in particular really resonate with the cry of my heart.   


Mystery
Here in the Quiet speak to me now
My ears are open to
Your gentle sweet whispering
Break down the door, come inside
Shine down Your bright light
I need a lamp for my feet, I need a lamp for my feet

I want to hear the thunder of who You are
To be captured inside the wonder of who You are
I want to live I want to breathe
To search out Your heart and all of Your mysteries

You were the first and You’ll be the end
Time cannot hold You down
Why save a wretch like me?
No eye has seen, no ear has heard
No heart could fully know
All of Your mystery

Your glory burns in the stars
Shine down your light let it burn in my heart
Bring me to glory, bring me to you
Lord it’s your heart that I will hold onto

Your glory burns in the stars
Shine down Your light let me know who You are
Jesus, Your glory burns in the stars
Shine down Your light, let me see You, let me see You








2 comments:

  1. that's such a great picture of you all! And I took it... which technically [technically] means Phil's smiling right at me.. lol I kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOVEEEEE him!!!!! and you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete