Sunday, January 30, 2011

You Picked Me

Ever have one of those weeks? The kind where your weaknesses seem to be in your face? The kind where some things that have happened in your life are hanging over your head accusing you? Just kind of feeling like maybe your an illegitimate child of His. Like some things in your past could disqualify you at any moment...sometimes I feel like that. But what I'm realizing is that all my disqualifications actually qualify me to receive God's love, and sometimes all our qualifications can actually disqualify us.

I love our Father's heart. Psalm 147:2 says that the Lord gathers the outcasts of Israel. In other words, He came for the messed up, the unliked, those ostracized by society, those who had never known love. He looked at the orphan and said "I pick you" He looked at the leper and said "I pick you" He looked at the drug addict and said "I pick you" He looked at the prostitute and said "I pick you" and He still says that today. He looked at me while we were still enemies before I even loved Him and He said "I pick you." He has come to redeem. He looks at every single one of us in our messiness and proudly proclaims "I pick you, you are my favorite one, you are the only one I see." We are all in great need of His love, the difference is that some acknowledge that need and some do not.

Our weaknesses do not offended God they attract Him. God doesn't want to help us because we are a project to make Him look good, He wants to help us because He is good. God is omniscient, which means He never has to learn anything. Therefore He is not surprised by our struggles, He already knew that we would struggle and yet He called us just the same. Revelation 3:20 says that He stands at the door and knocks and if anyone hears Him we should open the door and He will come in and dine with us and us with Him. I can hear Him knocking on my own heart whispering "your weaknesses do not offend me. Let me come in to be with you." He speaks that to all of us, but do we listen?

That's just kind of where I am this week. Realizing that His pursuit of our hearts is and will always be relentless. It brings me peace knowing that the good work He started in me He will finish. He sympathizes with me. When I was broken He was broken, when I was scared He was sacred, when I suffered loss, He suffered loss. He has chosen to identify with us. His kindness is great.

This prophetic  and spontaneous song by Misty Edwards has been MINISTERING to me this week unlike anything else lately. I hope it will grip you like it gripped me. Know that you are LOVED this week. :)

3 comments:

  1. Amen and amen!! Good deep post!! I love that song. I love His heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Looks like we had parallel thoughts this week. Tonight in our bible study during worship the holy spirit birthed this chorus "even in my weakness I will give you my all. Even in my weakness I will praise you!" It hit the girls and I so much! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Our weaknesses do not offended God they attract Him. God doesn't want to help us because we are a project to make Him look good, He wants to help us because He is good."


    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Good <3

    ReplyDelete